Tuesday 10 August 2010

Monday's News

Today I went to Blisworth and it was nice and then I went in the tunnel and it was nasty and dark and then I went to Stoke Bruin and it was nice and then I went down the locks and there were seven of them and it was nice and then I went for a walk to Grafton Regis and it was nice and then I went to the pub and it was shut.
______________________________________________________


This isn't why I bought a boat. I want to be able to stop at interesting places, have a look around and maybe stay for a few days to get a proper feel for the place before moving on to discover another equally interesting place around the corner.

With any luck, I might yet get to do some of that before too long but, for the moment, I've just got to bear in mind that even this is a million times better than living in a box with a bail hostel next door and a nutcase upstairs.

Oh, and one other thing, from Bugbrooke (and it was nice):

A man with a barrow gave me a marrow but he told me it was a courgette. I've yet to try it, I think I might fry it with some spices to see what I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment